Conference SMAR 2017
Structural Health Monitoring
- Smart sensors
Performance and damage assessment
- Safety evaluation and reliability forecast
Shape memory alloys in civil structures
- Nickel-titanium, Copper or Iron-based SMA
- Shape memory effect of Ductility
Damage control, repair and strengthening
- External strengthening using FRP composites
Durability issues as related to harsh environments
- Fire protection systems
Practical applications and case studies
Conference Flyer (Download PDF-File)
- Prof. Riadh Al-Mahaidi, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
"Advanced hybrid experimental/simulations strategies for safer structures"
- Prof. Katrin Beyer, EPF Lausanne, Switzerland
"Seismic retrofit of cultural heritage buildings - when less is more"
- Prof. Sam Kono, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
"Efforts to develop resilient reinforced concrete building structures in Japan"
- Prof. Stefano Pampanin, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
"Towards the practical implementation of performance-based assessment and retrofit strategies of RC buildings: challenges and solutions"
- Prof. Oded Rabinovitch, Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Israel
"Dynamic modeling challenges in strengthening existing structures with advanced composites"
International Scientific Committee
Mirko Ros award for the best papers
- 1 paper in the field of “monitoring and assessment” and
- 1 paper in the field of “rehabilitation of civil structures”
Selected best papers will be proposed to be published in a Journal Special Issue of the Polymer Journal (online, open access) or in the Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering (Springer), dedicated to SMAR 2017 conference.
Journal Special Issue of the Polymer Journal - please see here