Sponsors SMAR 2017
Sponsorship & Exhibition Fees
- Gold Sponsors / Exhibitors: € 7500
- Silver Sponsors / Exhibitors: € 5000
- Exhibitors: € 2500
For sponsorship and exhibition details please take a look at the sponsorship contract (PDF).
Key dates / Conference Program
Key Dates SMAR 2017
|Submission of Abstracts extended to||23 January 2017|
|Abstract Acceptance Notification||31 January 2017|
|Submission of Full Lengths Papers|| |
31 March 2017 -
|Paper Acceptance Notification||10 June 2017|
|Submission of Final Revised Papers||31 July 2017|
|Early Registration||30 June 2017|
|Pre-Conference Scientific Tour||12 September 2017|
|SMAR 2017 Conference||13 – 15 September 2017|
12 September 2017 all day
Pre-conference Scientific Tour
13 September 2017
Conference opening session, Keynote presentations
Parallel sessions all day
Evening: Conference welcome reception at Empa Duebendorf and
visit of NEST and Laboratories
14 September 2017
Keynote presentations, parallel sessions all day
Evening: Conference Dinner at Restaurant Lake Side, Zurich
15 September 2017
Keynote presentations, parallel sessions and
Closing session and award presentation ceremony
Contact SMAR 2017
|City / Country:||Zurich / Switzerland|
|Date:||13 – 15 September 2017|
The conference will be held at ETH Zurich, Campus Hönggerberg Zurich.The campus is located on the outskirts of the city of Zurich.
Transport: There are shuttle busses that link two main sites in Zurich with ETH Hönggerberg.
Conference SMAR 2017
Structural Health Monitoring
- Smart sensors
Performance and damage assessment
- Safety evaluation and reliability forecast
Shape memory alloys in civil structures
- Nickel-titanium, Copper or Iron-based SMA
- Shape memory effect of Ductility
Damage control, repair and strengthening
- External strengthening using FRP composites
Durability issues as related to harsh environments
- Fire protection systems
Practical applications and case studies
Conference Flyer (Download PDF-File)
- Prof. Riadh Al-Mahaidi, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
"Advanced hybrid experimental/simulations strategies for safer structures"
- Prof. Katrin Beyer, EPF Lausanne, Switzerland
"Seismic retrofit of cultural heritage buildings - when less is more"
- Prof. Sam Kono, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
"Efforts to develop resilient reinforced concrete building structures in Japan"
- Prof. Stefano Pampanin, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
"Towards the practical implementation of performance-based assessment and retrofit strategies of RC buildings: challenges and solutions"
- Prof. Oded Rabinovitch, Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Israel
"Dynamic modeling challenges in strengthening existing structures with advanced composites"
International Scientific Committee
Mirko Ros award for the best papers
- 1 paper in the field of “monitoring and assessment” and
- 1 paper in the field of “rehabilitation of civil structures”
Selected best papers will be proposed to be published in a Journal Special Issue of the Polymer Journal (online, open access) or in the Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering (Springer), dedicated to SMAR 2017 conference.
Journal Special Issue of the Polymer Journal - please see here